Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I become a social butterfly in college?

When I act myself I feel like I love being sociable, but how do i overcome my insecurities so i may be my natural social butterfly self?|||Just go to lots of organization meetings. Go to several different ones. Usually just by going to one you can tell if you are going to feel comfortable there!|||College is a special environment. There are way too many people to actually worry about whether you fit in or not...basically I'm saying, your insecurities become irrelevant in college. Even a loner like I has grown quite a mouthpiece in these past years. This is the easiest way to make friends...ready...turn to the person to your left(right, doesn't matter). Say hi, I'm Blah-blah-blah. The person, by all decent human standards will at the very least give you his/her name and a handshake. Most will exchange pleasant words, experiences, ideas, thoughts. Afterwards, the ice is broken. That simple. You've made one friend...now do that 50 more times and get your new friends to introduce you to their friends. Go to club meetings and do the same thing. You will blossom into a social butterfly...whatever that means?...|||Try intramural sports, clubs, and social events. Anything that is available on campus is a good way to spring from your cocoon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment