Friday, December 2, 2011

I Want to Be a Social Butterfly - How to have fun at small social gatherings?

This is weird for me but every time I go out to a club or attend social events I feel so uncomfortable when interacting with strangers. I have diagnosed myself as having social anxiety! I am outgoing with my close friends but whenever I try to interact with strangers i get so, so nervous. I WANT TO BE A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY!!





Any tips on working through this issue?|||Yes. I was like that once. I followed this method and quickly discovered I had excellent social skills.





One. Never get attached to one person or party.


Two. Enter a room look around. If you see someone standing alone approach them. As you do find something about them that truly interests you. Introduce yourself and WAIT for them to open towards you. Then bring up that point about THEM and comment on its interest. Let them take it from there. LISTEN.





If at any time someone else starts to listen you open the angle of your body to allow their entry. Then when the first person has finished speaking indicate your interest on the next persons contribution. Do this as many times as it occurs naturally.





A group will form. Look for an outsider and leave the group and approach the person who is outside. Start it up again.





You will get people talking about themselves and to each other. You become a facilitator and lose your fear of self scrutiny.








Be safe. Travel with a friend.|||agreeeed, DONT FART!!!! i think you should just act crazzzy and stuff cuz then people will definitely have to talk to you.....but then again, they could ignore you.....


....its your choice honey...........|||just smile and talk to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment