Friday, December 2, 2011

How long does it take for a Monarch Butterfly's wings to dry after emerging?

My son got a Monarch Butterfly kit from the State fair. It just emerged this morning but it's wings are still folded and crumpled. It should have dried out by now. We put more milkweed in with it but I'm just wondering if there is anything else we can do. Has anyone else seen this?|||first off yes it should have dried by now, I have a butterfly garden and I've had several Viceroy's, Spicebush Swallowtails, Sphinx Moths that are born like that where their wings dry crumpled. I don't think anything can be done about it. It's just nature.





You might try rewetting it's wings with a spray bottle loaded with some distilled water, but the problem is that you can't touch the wings, maybe gently with tweezers uncrumple them. I'm not offering hope here but it might work.





p.s. I found this blog talking about the same problem. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/鈥?/a>|||Im not sure i usually blow dry them after i tear them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment