Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Butterfly?

I'm 13 years old and do a 35.28 for Butterfly 50m and 1:12.97 for Butterfly 100m. I want to get my times down to 1:09.00 seconds for 100m and down to 32.00 seconds for 50m by December. I took about 8 seconds off my 100m time in 7 months and about 2 seconds off my 50m time in 2 months, but this was because I had moved up a squad.


Do you think my goals are realistic? What techniques can improve my times?|||I was a Private swim instructor for 8 years...my best and favorite stroke is fly....very realistic goals...but lets talk about a couple things....kick...ensure you have two kicks per stroke...hands in..kick..hands at waist...kick...breathe every other stroke at the minimum...make your strokes long and smooth on the first 50....the last 50 emphasis on the kick...strong and hard...on your turns...make sure you are not grabbing the wall...touch the target then quick turn...karate chop motion with your left phone answering motion with the right...stay streamline slightly diagonal to cut down on resistance...quick kicks on your turn dont breathe on your first stroke up from your turn and make sure youre past the flags...off the blocks try to swim the maximum length diagonal hard kicks (when i swam it was 15m)....when you finish (like the turn) make sure you hit the target and not the top of the wall....


do 5x100s kick last 50, 30 sec between


6x50s 25 kick 25 pull, 30 sec between


2x100s full stroke


do 2 sets of this....





Good luck fellow fly swimmer....|||these are preety realistic goals, because if you are good at butterfly it is easy to improve times and you have given yourself a resonable time to improve in!!!|||Yeah your goals are realistic, just really hard. When you jump off of the block and enter the water, do four dolphin kicks before breaking the surface. Then kick, take a stroke, and kick again. There should be two kicks for every stroke. One before and one after. When breathing keep your head low above the water. Wear a cap and shave your legs (hopefully you do already, i don't though). Keep your arms straight.


Hope this helps|||It sounds like you improve really fast. I think that if you are really shooting for it it is definitely possible. Keep trying hard. BTW those times are really impressive.|||Of course there realistic. All you have to do is practice. Thats all that can really help you. I was never a fan of butterfly but sometimes we didn't have a choice of what event we were swimming espically if it was the I.M. I practiced my arm technique on the floor. It sounds crazy but it works. Good Luck on your Goal and Don't EVER give up.|||thats heaps good!! im jelous of your 100 time! i can do a 31 in the 50 but can barely break a 1.20 for the 100.


with help in your sprint (it worked for me) just keep your stroke rate going and going and your kick will follow on, also practise surf swimming with fly arms and your head out of the water. it helps so much!


we have to exchange tips i needa know how you get your 100 so fast!!!


xxm maddzi|||that is really fast!!! i think your goals are realistic as long as you believe that you can do it. just keep practicing. don't skip practice, otherwise you miss an opportunity to improve :]


don't give up

No comments:

Post a Comment