Thursday, November 24, 2011

Can I keep a butterfly bush from getting too big?

I want to keep the butterfly bush relatively small, without hurting any of the flowers. I know they grow 6 to 12 feet, but I really don't want it to get that big. I planted it in my garden by my pool, along with other shrubs. I don't want to butterfly bush to "take over". Help.|||just prune it and watch it carefully as it grows. The best recommendation I ever heard though is to cut it back to the ground at the beginning of the season.


Then as it grows prune it into the shape and size you want.


Just be careful when you see it starting to bud|||Trim it the same way you'd trim hedges, but make sure to maintain the shape of the bush at the same time. Also, make sure to remove any dead leaves at the bottom of the bush.|||Just trim it back to the size you want

No comments:

Post a Comment