Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How do you do a butterfly as a hockey goalie?

I know how to do a basic butterfly but i need to know how to do that thing where you push with your toe and are still on one knee and then you slide accross the crease.... help!|||Well to move in the butterfly position u don't need slippery pads, U need strong legs, but what you want to do is from the butterfly position lift one knee so u can get ur toe edge to the ice, then push, though the slick of the ice dose have a factor, if you are strong enough you can go crease to crease even with the ice all skated up|||Well i cant really help you cause my first time playing goalie which was 2 years ago when i was 11 everything i learned i learned from watching Marty Brodeur or it cam instinctively.

Report Abuse


|||they really dnt need to be slippery..


just practice being in the croutch postion and pushing off ur toe and moving to the side at the same time that should help you get used to moving and it should come natural..


thats how i learned from my coach|||I CAN JUST DO IT I MEAN THE FIRST TIME I EVER PLAYED ON THE FIRST LOW SHOT I WENT DOWN AND I WAS IN THE BUTTERFLY SO I CANT HELP YOU|||when you push off you put the knee thats up down and take the other one and pull it up then the other then your in position|||A good example of a butterfly goalie would be a Patrick Roy. I always learned it as you drop to your knees, and shove your lower legs to the side. It's hard to practice if it doesn't come instinctively. Using it, you then can dig your toe in and push yourself across the crease. the object of it is to take up as much of the lower part of the net as possible. If you're gonna get beat, you try and get beat high. Typically, a butterfly goalie keeps his legs apart a little more than a stand up style goalie. If butterfly is not your thing (And it might not be) then Stand up or a hybrid idea might be more along the lines of what you wanna do (or even a Hextall Flop). Don't be afraid to find a goalie coach or anything like that (I found one that taught me well, and I live in Northern Virginia...so I'm sure you can find one where you live). Also, if you're playing roller or dek hockey and not ice hockey, butterfly is not the way to go unless you wear ice hockey pads with the booksox like cover. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment