Thursday, November 24, 2011

What is the song The Crow and the Butterfly about?

The song "The Crow and the Butterfly" by Shinedown. It is one of my favorite songs because it has so much emotion behind it, but I don't know what it's about.|||its about a girl who overdosed on drugs cause when he says





Just like a crow chasing the butterfly


Dandelions lost in the summer skies


When you and I were getting high as outer space


I never thought you'd slip away


I guess I was just a little too late








they were getting high and then he loved her and she died.





its about losing someone you love dearly.|||Brent Smith explained on a radio interview program, Rockline, that while the band was writing the new album, he had a dream about a mother whose son passes away. He wrote the song about the mom dealing with the death of her child and trying to move on.

Report Abuse


|||Brent Smith explained on a radio interview program, Rockline, that while the band was writing the new album, he had a dream about a mother whose son passes away. He wrote the song about the mother dealing with the death of her child and trying to move on. (wikipedia)

Report Abuse

2 comments:

  1. Well a crow stands for death so to me it's about death chasing behind life. Beautiful song. Inspires a tattoo for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it is about a greiving mother the lyrics about getting high as outerspace to me represent when I used to swing her around and then when we got dizzy we looked at the shapes of the clouds in the sky. I actually played this song at my 27 year old daughter's funeral.

    ReplyDelete