Thursday, November 24, 2011

How can I imporve my goalie butterfly for hockey?

I cant seem to get it naturaly. I sem to put so much effort into going into a butterfly that i ussually dont save the puck. How can i naturally get into the habbit of going into the butterfly by practicing at home?|||Getting into a good butterfly is extremely difficult, but once you learn it, you don't easily forget it. Make sure your pads are loose, because that is another huge factor. I keep mine tight around the knees, lose almost everywhere else. Make sure you stretch too, if your muscles aren't used to moving like that, it can be hard to just do it in a snap, like you have to in a game. Again, good luck.





PS- try not to think about it, kind of take your mind off of it during the game, because if you keep thinking about it, you might not be giving 100% towards the other shots, dont think, just do. Hope that helps.|||i would go to a goalie school if you can but at home what I ttry to do is get some road hockey pads and just keep on trying to go into the butterfly also incorperate some shots with someone else you will eventually get better if you keep practising|||From being a goalie the only answer that I can honestly give you is go on the ice (whether it be a practice or a game) and when the puck isnt around you just go up and down. The first time you go down look at your legs and adjust anything necessary. Then try and go down and be in that position right away. Worked for me and now I have a very good butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment