Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I take care of my monarch butterfly with a broken wing?

I was playing outside when I found a monarch butterfly with a broken wing. It is torn, and the butterfly cannot fly. How can I help take care of it? I want to help.|||It's a sad thing to see, but not much can be done. The butterfly will die this winter, because it won't be able to migrate. However, if you take it into your care, you can try to feed it a sugar and water solutions. two parts water to one part suger. Keep it in a butterfly cage, a special housing arrangement that has cotton neting. DON"T KEEP IT IN A JAR OR ANYTHING SOLID! If it doesnt' eat, it's not going to. Chances are, if the wings are brokent, there are other injuries as well. It's very sad, I know. Good Luck|||I have raised monarchs for 7 years and finally had success this year mending a bent wing with a small amount of scotch tape at the break . I'm not sure if it lasted, but it couldn't fly far before and then it soared after I fixed it. If part of wing is missing, I would just keep it and feed it Juicy Juice or blossoms such as butterfly bush. Go to site below for more info.|||You cnt really, they only live for a few days (5 i think) you should just leave it in a safe place, maybe give it leaves n that but if it has a broken wing it is behond repair. I wud just put it out of its misery.|||Since it's a monarch butterfly, why not teach him the concept of democracy until its wing heals?! (:-:)

No comments:

Post a Comment