Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I get my butterfly stretch flat on the ground?

I have been doing the butterfly stretch everyday(working toward my splits) and I am not only pushing my legs down, but trying to reach for my feet in the stretch as well. I feel I see no progress either....Any suggestions?|||You can only get it on the ground if you have the turnout for it. Butterflies are meant to open your hips and that is all. You should never force them. Turnout is something you are born with. You cannot stretch your hip rotators. They are joint not muscle. If you attempt to do so, you will only injure yourself badly. You can work on stretching your hamstrings and calves. That should help with your splits. You could have perfect turnout with your knees on the ground and not be able to do a split because of tight inflexible legs. You must work within the limitations of your body.|||you just have to persist. stretching takes LOTS of time and effort. you need to make sure that you are stretching everyday so that you can achieve your best splits.


try doing some other stretches that can help you with your side splits ( there are tonnes on youtube). lots of hamstring stretches too.


just keep at it. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment